Video On Demand
Title A - Z
FCS: In The Kitchen Peppermint Brownies
October 11, 2012
Students from the Family Consumer Science Department at the High School demonstrate healthy and nutrient rich meals that are easy to make for you and your family.
Don't like peppermint? No problem. Leave out the peppermint extract and you have traditional brownies- without the extra fat.
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarine or spread, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 egg whites or 1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Spray square pan. 8 X 8X 2 inches, with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mix sugar, margarine, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg whites in medium bowl.
4. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Spread in pan.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let cool 5 minutes.
7. Spread Chocolate Glaze evenly over brownies. Sprinkle with candy.
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
Copyright 2019, LEIGHTRONIX, INC. All rights reserved.